Monday, November 30, 2009

Woodstock


One of my most favorite things I ever wrote was my Woodstock essay. This essay was about the largest concert ever that happened in Bethal, New York in 1969. I discuss how Woodstock was a movement that changed and shaped history. This is an exert from the essay that I would like to share.

This temporary community of strangers proved to themselves and so many others that as people all we all we need to be happy is a lot of love, the freedom to be who we want to be and a little bit of music to bring it all together. If proved that we could be happy living without an establishment of rules and social expectations. For three days the attendees of Woodstock festival had all of this, they lived in their ideal community, away form the stresses of the outside world. they had their ideals materialized in front of them and made into reality, now decades later we can all embrace these ideals in out own way.
Picture:

No comments:

Post a Comment